It’s been far, far too long since I’ve been able to immerse myself in a real development challenge. It seems that more and more of my time is being taken up by day-to-day management and customer server/account management activities. This week though, I took a working holiday to actually spend some focused time working on some code. The code I’m working on is the WebAdmin 2.5, an incremental improvement over the current version. Really I’ve been focusing on a few pretty simple things including:
- code cleanup
- replacing our current WYSIWYG editor
- replacing comments with javadoc annotations
However in addition to these routine activities, I’ve also been able to put some serious thought into out modules system, specifically with regards to how easy it is to install and uninstall modules. I’ve been able to spend a lot of time working on the "plug&play" nature of WebAdmin, and I’ve just finished up the plugin management such that all that you need to do is upload the new plugin folder and log in. It automatically detects the new plug in and prompts you to confirm the install before you continue.
Mmmm I’m enjoying this break 🙂